Theater Na Slupi
The Liberated Theatre originally operated in the street Na Slupi, where a wooden theatre hall was built in the Sokol of Vyšehrad in 1925. This became the permanent stage of the theatrical section of Devětsil Art Union from 1926 onwards and it offered its space to the youthful Liberated Theatre. The maiden performance was an adaptation of Molière’s play Georges Dandin (Cirkus Dandin in the Czech version)..
The following year a quarrel took place between the theatre’s directors Jiří Frejka and Jindřich Honzl, Honzl’s faction left to the "Umělecká beseda"with part of the ensemble, the remaining part remained under the leadership of Jiří Frejka and founded the Dada Theatre.
This guided walk is a part of the "Democracy on the Brink. Historical lessons from the late 1930s" project supported by the Europe for Citizens programme of the European Union.